Monday, February 27, 2012

In Haiti, Nothing is Miscellaneous!

Through the week in pictures -
                                                                                                                        

Last fall during our  2-week trip to Haiti, we decided that when we moved here the following January, we would need to do two things each day:  to INTENTIONALLY look for the Lord's hand in what was going on and to INTENTIONALLY look for  something beautiful in our day.  On Wednesday this week, I was on the back porch hanging up clothes and someting caught my eye outside.  This lovely flower was literally yelling to me, "Look at me!  Here is BEAUTIFUL!  Don't miss me!"  So, in one lovely white blossom, on the first day of Lent, I was able to see the God's creative hand and the beauty He created.


Lunch on Monday was enjoyed on our wonderful back porch with neighbors Julian and Marie Cattle and their girls Ella and Rebecca; and Station Manager Greg and Heidi Edmond and their children Haley and Luke (not shown). 
This is one of the best parts about our dupex! The porch is the site of Julian's office, gym, washing and hanging clothes, classroom for creole lessons, various social events ( can you see the colorful Christmas lights above Greg and Heidi's heads?) and even the site for trimming hair!


And, then - there was the time of a big PANTAN - a surprize!


When I was readying the chicken for baking, look what I found in the breast cavity!! 

(And, no, I didn't serve them to Larry!  :) )





Above a shot of one end of the new guest house.  It is really taking shape and they are now looking for a Haitian artist to paint a mural on the bottom part of this end of the building.  It will be the first thing seen as one enters the compound and is the perfect place for some thing Haitian.                                                         At left, a gathering of the "big bosses" - Greg Edmond, Barry Gould (WISH), Caleb Thompson ( project manager for the guest house) and Julian Cattle (project manager for the hospital), along with Peter ( block mason and right hand man), a short term missionary from Canada.   These powwows happen from time to time when great building minds solve problems!


The hospital build is coming along very well, as well! 

Check in later for those pictures and more - the computer isn't letting me post them this try!   
Have a great week!






2 comments:

  1. What great pictures, worth a thousand words!!! Can't believe the chicken feet! Yikes. And what is a PANTAN?? Love you all, and so glad to see your activities, the porch is the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! How I would love to join you for lunch (or breakfast or dinner) on that porch. You've turned it into a beautiful setting since I last saw it.

    That delicate, beautiful flower is amazing! So are those chicken appendages . . . but in a completely different way!

    I miss you, and am praying for you and Haiti daily. Tomorrow I will get to "revisit" my trip as I do a guest slot on The Techology Show. Looking forward to that.

    Blessings, my friend.

    ReplyDelete